The Detroit Red Wings will play host to the struggling New Jersey Devils tonight at LCA. Detroit is on a one game losing skid after a 5-3 loss to Carolina on Thursday.
The Devils have lost four games in a row and are 2-7-1 in their last 10 games.
This is the first of three meetings between the teams.
Game time tonight is 8:00 PM ET at LCA in Detroit, MI.
COVID-19 continues to ravage Red Wings roster and coaches
Coaches Jeff Blashill and Alex Tanguay have been placed in COVID-19 protocol following positive tests. Grand Rapids head coach Ben Simon will be behind the bench and will join Grand Rapids assistant coach Todd Krygier and Detroit defense coach Doug Houda for tonight’s game.
Additionally, Alex Nedeljkovic, Givani Smith, and Carter Rowney have tested positive and will join Robby Fabbri and Michael Rasmussen in COVID-19 protocol.
Today, Detroit recalled goaltender Calvin Pickard and forward Riley Barber from Grand Rapids.
Monday’s game in Colorado has been postponed
Red Wings Notes
- Detroit are currently 4th in the Atlantic Division with a 14-13-3 record
- The Red Wings special teams are currently ranked 27th in the NHL, PP 16.9%, PK 76.8%
- Lucas Raymond continues to lead the Red Wings in scoring with 27 points in 30 games
- Dylan Larkin leads Detroit with 12 goals in 26 games
- Raymond and Moritz Seider lead the Red Wings with 17 assists each
- Seider leads all Detroit defensemen in scoring with 20 points in 30 games
- Tyler Bertuzzi continues to lead the Red Wings with a +9 rating
- Thomas Greiss is expected to start and has an 5-6-0 record, 3.67 GAA, and .889 SV% in 13 games
Detroit Projected Lineup
Tyler Bertuzzi – Dylan Larkin – Lucas Raymond
Vladislav Namestnikov – Pius Suter – Filip Zadina
Adam Erne – Sam Gagner – Kyle Criscuolo
Taro Hirose – Joe Veleno – Riley Barber
Nick Leddy – Filip Hronek
Danny DeKeyser – Moritz Seider
Marc Staal – Gustav Lindstrom
Thomas Greiss (starter)
Not in lineup
Dan Renouf (healthy), Jordan Oesterle (healthy)
- New Jersey are currently 7th in the Metropolitan Division with a 10-13-5 record
- The Devils special teams are currently ranked 28th in the NHL, PP 12.0%, PK 79.5%
- Jesper Bratt leads New Jersey with16 assists and 24 points in 28 games
- Andreas Johnsson and Pavel Zacha lead the Devils with nine goals each
- Johnsson also leads New Jersey with a +7 rating
- Goaltender Jon Gillies is expected to make his first start for the Devils. This year, Gillies played one game for St. Louis and currently has an NHL record of 0-0-1, a 2.82 GAA, and a .923 SV%
- Former Red Wings goaltender Jonathan Bernier is currently out of the New Jersey lineup with a hip injury
New Jersey Projected Lineup
Pavel Zacha – Jack Hughes – Jesper Bratt
Andreas Johnsson – Dawson Mercer – Tomas Tatar
Janne Kuokkanen – Yegor Sharangovich – Marian Studenic
Jimmy Vesey – Michael McLeod – Nathan Bastian
Ty Smith – Dougie Hamilton
Jonas Siegenthaler – Damon Severson
Mason Geertsen – Kevin Bahl
Jon Gillies (starting)
Not in lineup
Mackenzie Blackwood (healthy), Jonathan Bernier (hip)