The Detroit Red Wings play their second road game in two nights when they travel to Anaheim to play the Ducks. The game was originally scheduled for last Thursday but was rescheduled because of COVID concerns with players on Anaheim.
This is the first of two games this month between the two teams. The Red Wings are coming off of a brutal 4-0 to Los Angeles last night.
Game time at the Honda Center in Anaheim, CA is 8:00 PM ET.
Rookie Zegras is expected to play tonight
Tonight will be the first time the top three NHL rookie scorers have played against each other at the NHL level. Lucas Raymond, Moritz Seider and now Trevor Zegras have alll been named Rookies of the Month after Zegras was recently honored for December.
Detroit Red Wings super rookie, Lucas Raymond, leads all rookie scorers with 10 goals, 19 assists, and 29 points in 35 games. Raymond has a +1 rating, six power play points, and 69 shots on goal for the season.
The Anaheim Ducks are the surprise team in the Pacific Division this year. They are led by rookies Trevor Zegras and defenseman Jamie Drysdale. Zegras is currently 2nd in NHL rookie scoring. In 31 games, Zegras has eight goals, 17 assists, and 25 points. Zegras has a -8 rating, six power play points, and 73 shots on goal for the season. Drysdale has also been terrific for Anaheim. In 37 games, Drysdale has scored three goals, 13 assists, and 16 points. Drysdale currently has a -5 rating, five power play points, and 58 shots on the season.
Third in rookie scoring and the top rookie defenseman is Moritz Seider of the Red Wings. In 35 games, Seider has three goals, 19 assists, and 22 points. Seider has a an even +/- rating, eight power play points, and 62 shots on goal on the season. Check out Moritz Seider late in the game with an empty net!!!
Red Wings Notes
- Detroit are currently 5th in the Atlantic Division with a 16-16-3 record
- The Red Wings special teams are currently ranked 27th in the NHL, PP 14.0%, PK 77.7%
- Dylan Larkin leads Detroit with 16 goals and 32 points in 31 games
- Lucas Raymond and Moritz Seider lead the Red Wings with 19 assists each
- Seider leads all Detroit defensemen in scoring with 22 points in 35 games
- Tyler Bertuzzi continues to lead the Red Wings with a +12 rating
- Thomas Greiss is expected to start and has an 6-9-0 record, 3.41 GAA, and .895 SV% in 15 games
Detroit Projected Lineup
Tyler Bertuzzi – Dylan Larkin – Lucas Raymond
Robby Fabbri – Pius Suter – Michael Rasmussen
Vladislav Namestnikov – Joe Veleno – Adam Erne
Givani Smith – Sam Gagner – Filip Zadina
Nick Leddy – Filip Hronek
Danny DeKeyser – Moritz Seider
Marc Staal – Gustav Lindstrom
Thomas Greiss (starter)
Not in lineup
Carter Rowney (healthy), Jordan Oesterle (healthy)
- Anaheim are currently 2nd in the Pacific Division with a 18-12-7 record
- The Ducks special teams are currently ranked 2nd in the NHL, PP 27.8%, PK 85.6%
- Troy Terry leads Anaheim with 21 goals and 35 points in 36 games
- Ryan Getzlaf leads the Ducks with 20 assists in 29 games
- Isac Lundestrom leads Anaheim with a +8 rating
- Rookie goaltender Lukas Dostal is expected to get his first NHL start tonight gainst Detroit
Anaheim Projected Lineup
Sonny Milano – Trevor Zegras – Jacob Perreault
Maxime Comtois – Isac Lundestrom – Troy Terry
Rickard Rakell – Sam Steel – Jakob Silfverberg
Nicolas Deslauriers – Benoit-Olivier Groulx – Buddy Robinson
Cam Fowler – Josh Manson
Kevin Shattenkirk – Jamie Drysdale
Simon Benoit – Greg Pateryn
Lukas Dostal (starting)
Not in lineup
Sam Carrick (Covid-19), Derek Grant (Covid-19), Hampus Lindholm (Covid-19), Josh Mahura (lower body), Vinni Vettieri (Covid-19), John Gibson (Covid-19), Adam Henrique (lower body)