The Detroit Red Wings play the second of a two game mini road trip tonight when they travel to New York to play the Rangers. This is the first of three meetings between the teams this season.
New York are currently on a three-game winning streak and are 7-3-0 in their last 10 games.
Game time today is 7:00 PM ET at Madison Square Garden in New York City, NY.
Player Focus: Lucas Raymond
Lucas Raymond continues to be terrific on the top line with Detroit this season. Raymond will turn 20 next month and remains the top scoring rookie in the NHL. Raymond averages 18:05 TOI and normally plays on the top PP unit.
Raymond has been productive offensively all season long, and has scored two goals and two assists in his last three games. In 50 games this season, Raymond has 13 goals, 26 assists, 39 points, a -1 rating, and 108 shots on goal.
Raymond is currently in the 1st year of his three-year entry-level contract with Detroit. He is currently earning $925,000 and will become a RFA at the end of the 2023-24 season.
Red Wings Notes
- Detroit are currently 5th in the Atlantic Division with a 22-22-6 record
- The Red Wings are currently 25th in PP (17.0%) and 23rd in PK (76.4%)
- Dylan Larkin leads Detroit with 25 goals and 51 points in 45 games
- Moritz Seider leads the Red Wings with 29 assists in 50 games
- Seider leads all Detroit defensemen in scoring with five goals and 34 points
- Tyler Bertuzzi continues to lead the Red Wings with a +12 rating
- Goaltender Alex Nedeljkovic is expected to start and has a 14-14-5 record, 3.01 GAA, and .907 SV% in 36 games
- Filip Hronek returns tonight after a stint in COVID-19 protocol
Detroit Projected Lineup
Filip Zadina – Dylan Larkin – Lucas Raymond
Robby Fabbri – Pius Suter – Tyler Bertuzzi
Adam Erne – Joe Veleno – Sam Gagner
Givani Smith – Michael Rasmussen – Gemel Smith
Danny DeKeyser – Moritz Seider
Marc Staal – Troy Stecher
Nick Leddy – Filip Hronek
Alex Nedeljkovic (starter)
Not in lineup
Riley Barber (lower body), Carter Rowney (undisclosed), Vladislav Namestnikov (undisclosed), Jordan Oesterle (healthy), Gustav Lindstrom (mid-body)
- New York is currently 3rd in the Metropolitan Division with a 31-13-4 record
- The Rangers special teams are currently 4th in PP (25.7%) and 9th in PK (82.7%)
- Artemi Panarin is 11th in NHL scoring and leads New York with 52 points in 43 games
- Chris Kreider leads the Rangers with 33 goals in 48 games
- Adam Fox leads all New York players with 40 assists
- Fox also leads all Rangers defensemen in scoring with 47 points
- Defenseman Ryan Lindgren leads New York with a +17 rating
- Goaltender Igor Shesterkin is expected to start and has a 23-5-2 record, 2.05 GAA, and a .938 SV% in 30 games
New York Projected Lineup
Chris Kreider – Mika Zibanejad – Alexis Lafreniere
Artemi Panarin – Ryan Strome – Barclay Goodrow
Dryden Hunt – Filip Chytil – Julien Gauthier
Greg McKegg – Kevin Rooney – Ryan Reaves
Ryan Lindgren – Adam Fox
K’Andre Miller – Jacob Trouba
Zac Jones – Braden Schneider
Igor Shesterkin (starting)
Not in lineup
Patrick Nemeth (undisclosed), Libor Hajek (healthy), Morgan Barron (healthy)