After a disasterous game on Sunday, the Red Wings return home to face the powerful New York Rangers. The Rangers are on a three-game win streak after defeating Pittsburgh 3-2 last night and are 7-3-0 in their last 10 games.
Game time is 7:30 PM ET at LCA in Detroit, MI.
Player Profile: Ryan Strome
Ryan Strome is an impending UFA center who currently plays for the New York Rangers. Strome played his junior for the Niagara Ice Dogs and he was a student at the school I was teaching at prior to him being drafted 5th overall by the New York Islanders.
Strome currently serves as an alternate captain with the Rangers. His leadership and playmaking abilities will make him one of this summer’s top free agents. Strome will be 29 in July and would be an excellent addition down the middle for the Red Wings.
This season, Strome has played 62 games and he has scored 15 goals, 30 assists, 45 points, and a +5 rating. Currently in his 9th NHL season, Strome has scored 124 goals, 224 assists, 348 points, and a +30 rating in 609 games.
Strome is currently in the second season of his two-year deal that has a cap hit of $4M annually.
Red Wings Notes
- Detroit are currently 5th in the Atlantic Division with a 26-32-8 record
- The Red Wings are currently 27th in PP (17.4%) and 32nd in PK (72.4%)
- Dylan Larkin leads Detroit with 28 goals and 62 points in 61 games
- Moritz Seider leads the Red Wings with 37 assists in 66 games
- Seider continues to lead all Detroit defensemen in scoring with 42 points
- Lucas Raymond remains 2nd in NHL rookie scoring with 49 points in 66 games
- Defenseman Marc Staal continues to lead the Red Wings with a +9 rating
- Goaltender Alex Nedeljkovic is expected to start and has a 17-20-7 record, 3.26 GAA, and a .901 SV% and two SO in 49 games
- Goaltender Victor Brattstrom was recalled under emergency conditions yesterday
Detroit Projected Lineup
Tyler Bertuzzi – Dylan Larkin – Lucas Raymond
Jakub Vrana – Joe Veleno – Sam Gagner
Adam Erne – Pius Suter – Oskar Sundqvist
Taro Hirose – Michael Rasmussen – Filip Zadina
Jordan Oesterle – Moritz Seider
Marc Staal – Filip Hronek
Jake Walman – Gustav Lindstrom
Alex Nedeljkovic (starter)
Scratched: Olli Juolevi
Injured: Robby Fabbri (lower body), Carter Rowney (lower body), Mitchell Stephens (lower body), Danny DeKeyser (upper body), (undisclosed), Thomas Greiss (upper body), Calvin Pickard (undisclosed), Givani Smith (undisclosed)
- New York are currently 4th in the NHL Standings with a 43-19-5 record
- The Rangers special teams are currently 2nd in PP (26.8%) and 11th in PK (81.2%)
- Artemi Panarin leads New York with 60 assists and 77 points in 62 games
- Chris Kreider leads the Rangers with 45 goals in 67 games
- Adam Fox leads all New York defensemen in scoring with 65 points in 64 games
- Center Mika Zibanejad leads all Rangers players with a +24 rating
- Alexandar Georgiev is expected to start and has a 10-9-2 record, 3.08 GAA, a .894 SV% and one SO in 27 games
New York Projected Lineup
Chris Kreider – Mika Zibanejad – Frank Vatrano
Artemi Panarin – Andrew Copp – Dryden Hunt
Alexis Lafreniere – Filip Chytil – Barclay Goodrow
Tyler Motte – Jonny Brodzinski – Ryan Reaves
Ryan Lindgren – Adam Fox
K’Andre Miller – Jacob Trouba
Patrik Nemeth – Braden Schneider
Alexandar Georgiev (starting)
Scratched: Greg McKegg, Julien Gauthier, Justin Braun
Injured: Kaapo Kakko (wrist), Kevin Rooney (upper body), Ryan Strome (lower body), Libor Hajek (illness)
Want your voice heard? Join the Octopus Thrower team!